How many articles have you seen that say what you should DO on holiday? Is there anything that I should definitely visit when I go to this place? Many people try to point you in the direction of things you should do, so why not instead have an article that tells you what not to do? So Thailand is this example, here are the top 6 things not to do when you go on holiday to Thailand!
- If you want to make Religious comments or remarks, do them in your head and your head only, then giggle if you must, but do not repeat them out loud. Do not climb over any statues of Buddha, and do not deface them. These are sacred objects and you will end up in a world of pain if you disgrace them!
- Although Bangkok is very seedy, the rest of Thailand is very reserved, so make sure you keep your clothes on and try not to be disrespectful. If you wait till night, it is more appropriate to remove a T-shirt, but only that at the most, and only a man.
- Bangkok is probably the only place in Thailand where you can get away with everything listed here, but that is because of its westernisation, however there are some things I would make sure of! For all you younger generations, keep your wits about you, pickpockets operate here so don’t enter a seedy ladies bar without making sure your cash is secure. Don’t let yourself down by forgetting to bring protection, be safe, you never know what you will do after a bunch of drinks!
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO DRUGS. Make sure that you heed this warning, a long jail sentence or even worse a possible death sentence, depending on how hard the drug!
- Definitely do not stay to long! Unlike over here, if you are discovered without a valid visa, you will not be deported, you will be sent directly to jail, don’t pass go and definitely don’t collect 200 dollars!
- Make sure you don’t get wooed into falling in love. I know that this is an awful thing to say, just make sure they can’t get hold of your bank details, you may not think it could happen, and then BAM it does!